Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in our understanding of cellular function to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are seeking a VP, Chemistry to play a pivotal role in advancing the company’s portfolio and overall R&D strategy. In this role, you will lead our medicinal chemistry efforts, developing and executing our chemical strategy and advancing novel molecules from discovery through early scale-up and CMC activities. We have several strategic pharmaceutical partnerships and you will play an integral role in those relationships. You will also collaborate closely with other members of the leadership team and help to shape Dewpoint’s strategic directions. Finally, you will help to mentor early-career scientists from across the company, sharing your drug discovery experience.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and enthusiastic leader and motivator with a strong medicinal chemistry background who thrives in a hypothesis-driven, team-oriented, and multi-disciplinary biotech environment. You will have participated in all stages of drug discovery programs, advancing small molecules from hit identification through development candidate selection. In this role, you will lead and mentor a team that consists of both internal employees and external partners, and will report to the Chief Innovation Officer. You will model and inspire a strong collaborative and can-do attitude across your team, the different functions of the company and as a member of the senior management team.
Dewpoint has an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and an exceptional, highly experienced international team. You will be based in Berlin and collaborate extensively with colleagues in Dresden and Boston. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
In this position you will…..
- Build, lead and develop a medicinal chemistry team consisting of both internal and external partners
- Mentor Dewpoint's early career scientist located in Dresden
- Assist in the development of medicinal chemistry strategy; execute this strategy independently, effectively managing multiple priorities under time and resource pressures ensuring project alignment with company goals
- Serve as an integral part of the Leadership Team to structure and to advance company innovation and strategy
- Act as a thought leader and alliance builder with external partners
- Lead medicinal chemistry efforts for validated targets to clear decision points
- Effectively communicate project data and chemical strategy to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
To do that you will need…..
- A Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or related discipline
- At least 15 years of experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist
- An internationally recognized track record of accomplishment in medicinal chemistry
- Proven ability to manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria
- The desire and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and team-focused environment
- Experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate very effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply