No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and innovative senior scientist/scientist to join our cardiovascular team and help advance our efforts to establish pharmacological assays for discovering and develop novel therapies targeting condensates (level will depend on experience). You will be responsible for establishing pharmacological assays using cardiomyocytes to interrogate the mechanism of action of small molecule modulators of disease-causing biomolecular condensates.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Provide expertise in cardiovascular biology to develop and execute pharmacological assays to support our drug discovery programs
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure that assays and experiments are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire team members at all levels
- Achieve internal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do this you will need..
- A Ph.D. in cardiovascular biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline or a BS/MS with 10+ years of experience
- A strong publication record demonstrating scientific accomplishment
- Prior responsibility for supervision of others
- Experience with pharmacological assays specific for cardiomyocytes such as calcium flux, contractility, and/or electrophysiology
- Experience in diverse molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, CRISPR, si-RNA, viral vectors, and transcription analysis
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner, and demonstrable ability to work independently in a lab
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- 2+ years of relevant post doc or industry experience
- Experience with assay analysis including determination of concentration-response data to determine potency and affinity of compounds as well as dynamic response ranges of assays and biological models
- Experience in developing in vivo pharmacological assays in animal models
- Experience in optimizing and validating robotic-based assays for high-throughput screening using high content imaging assays
- Experience in vitro assay development and execution or high-content screening (cellular imaging)
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.