No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Sr. Director/ VP of High Throughput Screening to join our team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years' experience leading a team in developing, optimizing, validating, and executing robust cell-based high throughput screens (100,000+ compounds) with a track record of success. The position also involves outsourcing on a case-by-case basis. This role is core to Dewpoint’s mission, and as such, represents an unprecedented opportunity for the right candidate to blaze a new trail in small molecule discovery.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district and will require 5%-10% travel. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Help Dewpoint build industry-leading HCS capability across multiple sites, lead and grow a team of scientists and research associates in inventing new approaches, fit-for-purpose for condensates, and drive hit discovery across a portfolio of programs
- Build a forward-looking, agile screening function that flexibly embraces novel technologies and solutions in a highly collaborative manner. This includes a two-site buildout with new HTS facilities and automation
- Lead and grow our group of HTS scientists and research associates to optimize, validate, and execute robust image-based condensate screens
- Implement best practices and new high content imaging technologies to achieve highest quality, relevant data
- Work closely with project teams, in vitro pharmacology, and chemistry to align objectives and maximize operational efficiency along the entire trajectory from assay development through Hit-to-Lead
- Work closely with the lab automation and data integration teams to design processes that increase quality, throughput and efficiency
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 10+ years' experience developing, optimizing, validating, and executing cell-based HTS/HCS campaigns to support drug discovery in an industry setting, with 3+ years as a formal leader of a group
- Experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams of >5 FTE, optimizing team structure, and identifying/ hiring key talent
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and alternate between strategic, high-level thinking and detail-oriented focus as needed
- Deep functional knowledge of one or more HTS/HCS science areas, including assay design, automation, operational execution/ workflow design, image analysis and data processing
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and desire to focus on team/corporate success
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience working in a disease area team on detailed biology and assay development for eventual transfer to screening or as a collaborator with HTS/ Hit-to-Lead in hit follow up or optimization
- Experience evaluating or managing externalized research, especially in the HTS realm
- Experience leading across multiple research sites
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.