Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Service Desk Technician to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The position also has a strong emphasis on onboarding and offboarding with extreme attention to detail.
In this position, you will be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport District. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will..
- Alert IT Leadership to emerging trends in incidents
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot software as requested by end users
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs
- Onboard and offboard employees in a timely manner consistent with SLAs
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase and provide suggestions for continual improvement
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- Four years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including laptops, printers, WiFi, docking stations
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, Mac OS
- Extensive application support experience with Office 365, Zoom, G-Suite and more
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- The ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues and strong documentation skills
- The ability to absorb and retain information quickly and present ideas in user-friendly language
- A highly self-motivated attitude and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- a degree/certifications in the field of computer science
- Prior experience in Life Science, biotech, or similar
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Azure AD, and other Cloud Computing Platform
- Experience using, configuring, and troubleshooting with Meraki routing and switching hardware
- Knowledge of GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, and other compliance regulations
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.