No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and creative RSV and EBV virology Senior Scientist to join our team. The focus of our drug discovery effort is to use the novel condensate biology platform to develop therapeutics for viral diseases. You will be responsible for developing antiviral and condensate assays and interrogating the mechanism of action of small molecule modulators of viral replication. You should have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry with experience in optimizing and validating robotic-based assays for high-throughput screening using biochemical, protein-protein interaction, indicator gene and high content assay readouts. You must be completely fluent in RSV and/or EBV molecular virology and infectious virus systems. Pharmaceutical drug discovery experience in developing cell-based assays and supporting lead optimization programs and performing biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies is required. Experiences with other human viruses are highly desired.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Provide knowledge and direction to help build out the antiviral discovery team to establish condensate biology-based RSV and EBV assays and develop condensate-modulating small molecules against these viruses
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure that assays and experiments are designed and optimally, biologically relevant, validated and aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Mentor, motivate and inspire team members at all levels
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with 5+ years’ industry experience working on RSV and/or EBV molecular assays and infectious virus assay systems
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull down assays, western blots, fluorescent microscopy, and flow cytometry
- Experience with a wide range of cellular assay techniques, such as virus inhibition assays, reporter gene expression, high content fluorescent cell imaging, FRET, and immuno-based assays as well as mechanism of action and resistance selection studies
- Experience with assay analyses including determination of potency and affinity of compounds, substrates, and ligands (such as EC50, IC50, Kd, Ki, Km)
- Knowledge of assay validation and best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization and QC statistics like Z’
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- A strong publication record
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with viral systems such as other respiratory viruses, HBV, and HIV as well as various viral vector systems (lenti, AAV, adeno, herpes)
- Experience in building and maintaining a BL2+ virology laboratory
- Experience in leading discovery teams in hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs
- Bioinformatics analysis skills
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.