Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a senior research associate with experience in HIV virology to join our antiviral condensate biology program to help develop a cure for HIV. You will be responsible for helping to develop and execute cellular and biochemical condensate assays to screen for small molecule modulators of HIV biology. Experience in HIV molecular virology and cellular models of infection is required. Pharmaceutical drug discovery experience in developing phenotypic cell based and enzymatic assays to support discovery programs is highly desired.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Work with the HIV team to develop condensate biology-based biochemical and cell-based assays for HTS assays to identify small molecules that modulate HIV biology
- Be active, accurate, and hands on in the lab and able to work well independently
- Be astute and able to communicate findings to the broader team
To do that you will need…
- A BS or MS in virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline
- 6+ years working in biochemical or cell-based assay development in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- 3+ years’ working with HIV molecular assays and infectious virus assay systems
- Knowledge of assay best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization and QC statistics like Z’, protocol creation and assay validation
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience working as part of scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with high-content imaging
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply