No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Senior Director / Vice President, Medicinal Chemistry, as elemental part of our internal chemistry & drug discovery group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (c-mods). The ideal candidate has broad experience identifying small molecule hits from early screens and optimizing those to attractive, high quality preclinical candidates, as well as a track record of success in supporting projects that have advanced to the clinic. In this role, you will be responsible for building out our medicinal chemistry efforts in Boston. You will lead a team of internal and external scientists to implement best practices to ensure timely delivery of key milestones from hit selection through clinical candidate nomination.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Be responsible for building our medicinal chemistry efforts in Boston
- Define project-related medicinal chemistry strategies and overall strategies for highly innovative drug discovery projects from target ID to hit identification, lead selection, and candidate nomination
- Be an integral part of project teams and lead all the chemistry related efforts to secure key project milestones
- Provide guidance to a team of internal & external medicinal chemists
- Foster collaborations within the company, as well as with external partners from academia, biotech, and CROs to help ensure that the chemistry group operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise
- Use timely decision making to ensure focus and delivery of key objectives while promoting high levels of productivity and urgency
- Represent and promote the company externally by publishing manuscripts and giving presentations
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- 12+ years’ experience driving successfully medicinal chemistry efforts within project teams towards the identification of clinical candidates in an industry setting
- A track record of delivering high quality candidates for clinical development — ideally including direct accountability for project leadership
- Experience in analyzing HTS data, hit identification and hit-to-lead finding campaigns
- A strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles, including structure-based drug design, phenotypic approaches, and physiochemical properties
- Experience in working across multiple target types across multiple disease indications
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process including related scientific disciplines mandatory for lead optimization (e.g., pharmacology, cell biology, ADME, formulation, drug safety, IP) and the process of finding new drug discovery targets and how chemical biology can contribute to target identification and validation
- Strong record of publications and patents
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to enthuse not only the chemistry group, but also related groups with innovative ideas
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in pharma industry & start-up environment
- Experience in targeting kinases, e.g., in neurodegenerative diseases or oncology
- Experience in supporting IND preparations and early clinical development
- Experience in working with CROs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.