Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an outstanding Senior Director, DMPK to join our team, in a leading role in driving Dewpoint’s DMPK strategy and execution as a program representative on cross-functional discovery and development project teams. This is a critical position for Dewpoint Therapeutics' mission to identify high-quality clinical candidates and ultimately approved therapeutic solutions for our key areas of oncology, rare neuromuscular diseases, cardiopulmonary disease, and virology.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district or in our Frankfurt, Germany site. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Define the overall company DMPK strategy, ranging from screening criteria for early-stage projects through candidate selection and potentially early clinical development, including PKPD strategies for specific projects
- Effectively identify and manage CROs for preclinical studies
- Design and manage preclinical studies to characterize and address scientific questions with respect to drug absorption, metabolic stability, protein/tissue binding, drug-drug interactions, and pharmacokinetics of new chemical entities (NCEs)
- Closely collaborate with the Biology, Chemistry, Translational Medicine, Toxicology, and Regulatory team members to support drug candidate optimization, nomination, and IND filings
- Provide expertise in human PK and dose prediction of drug candidates using different approaches
- Represent the DMPK function on project teams
- Manage DMPK function goals, priorities, budget, and timelines
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- At least 15 years of relevant industry experience
- A PhD or PharmD degree with emphasis in drug metabolism, biotransformation, pharmacokinetics, or a related scientific discipline
- In-depth understanding and strategic application of most in vitro and in vivo ADME assays for programs spanning multiple target classes and therapeutic indications with different chemical modalities (e.g. small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides, PROTACs), methods, and models
- Good understanding of PK and PK/PD models
- Proven ability to drive and lead ADME and PK/PD strategies for discovery / preclinical projects
- A track record of contributions to relevant sections of IND filings
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills and the ability to make complex decisions in a timely manner
- Proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, and team-oriented setting
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of drug development concepts and activities
- Up-to-date knowledge on regulatory guidance related to ADME/PK characterization, drug-drug interaction, and human ADME study
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.