Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a creative, energetic individual to join our team as a screening scientist, supporting high throughput assays and managing screening campaigns for multiple disease areas. The successful candidate will be highly skilled in both the training of junior scientists and the preparation of reagents, setup of laboratory automation, and hands-on execution of high-throughput screens. Expertise in the independent analysis of high throughput data and/or cellular imaging data is highly desired.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Collaborate with disease area and technology experts to drive condensate drug discovery
- Plan and coordinate screening campaigns
- Perform independent execution of automated in vitro assays and take a lead in interpreting the
- Program, validate, and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation such as liquid handlers, plate
readers, plate handling devices, and cell-based imaging systems
- Coordinate instrumentation support activities
- Train and support disease area users of instrumentation
To do that you will need…
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or a related subject
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience in high throughput screening and/or high-content cellular screens
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting laboratory robotics such as Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent, or Tecan liquid handlers
- Skilled in the use of desktop data processing and visualization software such as GraphPad Prism, Spotfire, KNIME, or R
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to work well with others, mentor junior scientist, and collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with high content cellular imaging analysis