No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to develop and implement experimental methods to assess both the composition and structural relationships of biomolecular components inside condensates, and to understand how these multi-component networks are structured and changed in disease. You will have a strong scientific background in biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology with experience in transcriptomics, RNA-protein interaction assays, genome-wide RNA data analysis and interpretation. You will become an integral member of our platform team to lead the development and optimization of these methods into large scale processing pipelines.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary, great benefits, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Develop, optimize, and implement methods to identify and map RNA and protein interactions inside condensates
- Support lead optimization efforts by characterizing the effects of drugs on condensates
- Work closely in a cross-functional team with broad exposure to many programs across the company and routinely present findings to both small and large groups
- Provide mentorship and guidance to research associates
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, or a related field
- Hands-on experience and innovation in RNA network isolation techniques (i.e. RIP-seq, CLIP-seq, APEX-seq) and transcriptomics data analysis
- Demonstrable track record of impact and innovation in the field
- Proven track record of mentorship and leadership
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment and simultaneously balance multiple objectives
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with RNAseq and NGS data analysis
- Familiarity with the condensate field
- Industry experience in small molecule drug discovery
- Cell culture growth and maintenance is preferred
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.