No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join our Condensate Platform group. The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team, at the interface of condensate platform technology (or assay) development, chemistry, and high throughput screening, to develop and apply novel structural, biophysical, and analytical methods for discovery of condensate modulator therapeutic compounds.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers amazing perks, competitive salary, and great benefits.
In this role you will…
- Contribute to the advancement of our drug discovery and hit-to-lead pipeline from the bench
- Interface with cross-functional teams
- Lead protein production efforts for the entire company
- Develop and apply biochemical and biophysical assays to determine the mechanism of action of hits and drive hit-to-lead optimization
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics or similar
- Minimum 4 years of experience in recombinant protein production from multiple host expression systems
- Minimum 4 years of experience with protein structure-function characterization
- Minimum 4 years of experience with methods for quantitative characterization of ligand binding (e.g., MST, SPR, ITC, alpha screen, fluorescence polarization, etc.)
- Ability to creatively develop novel assays
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Hit-to-lead optimization & SAR elucidation
- Structure-based drug design
- Bench experience with biomolecular condensates and intrinsically disordered proteins
- High throughput screening
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.