Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and highly motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist in our oncology and transcription group. You will be responsible for designing, executing, leading, and analyzing experiments to dissect the role of condensates in oncogenesis and transcription, and exploit this understanding to develop a new generation of anti-neoplastic drugs. Additionally, you will facilitate development of high-content imaging, and other assays, in disease-relevant cell models, to validate condensate-cancer hypotheses and empower drug screening efforts. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to advance our oncology programs.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Drive discovery biology and assay development efforts at the interface of transcription, cancer biology, and condensate biology
- Design and implement experiments to explore condensate-based gene regulatory mechanisms using cell and molecular biology techniques
- Analyze, interpret, and share data effectively with internal and external collaborators
- Collaborate closely within your immediate team and across the company to ensure alignment with cross-functional scientific goals
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire team members at all levels
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or affiliated scientific discipline
- A strong publication record related to transcription regulation, chromatin biology, cancer biology, or similar fields
- Hands-on experience with assays to measure gene expression such as RT-qPCR, luciferase reporters, RNA-FISH, RNA-seq
- Experience with tissue culture and cell engineering
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Postdoctoral experience
- Experience in condensate biology
- Experience with immunofluorescence (IF) and high content imaging
- Experience with quantitative analysis of microscopy images and high content imaging data
- Experience with performing and analyzing ChIP-seq, PRO-seq, ATAC-seq or similar genome-wide profiling
- Experience working with cell line models of cancer, patient-derived cell lines, and organoids
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.