No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. With deep and diverse expertise in medicine, biology, AI, chemistry, physics, and more, we aim to discover life-changing therapeutics for patients who currently have few or no treatment options. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
In 30 months, we have grown rapidly to over 100 colleagues and are truly global, with offices in Boston, Dresden, and Frankfurt and team members in five different countries. We are also diverse in many ways. From our recent DEI survey, 84% of the company responded and we are proud of what our team members shared:
- Together we speak 14 languages and come from 18 birth countries.
- Half of us are introverts and half are extraverts.
- We’re nearly split evenly between being reserved and being assertive.
- Two thirds of us like to ponder before making decisions and a third of us prefer rapid decision-making.
- We represent the full spectrum of gender identities and sexual orientations.
- 25% of us are neurodiverse or differently physically abled.
- 70% of us are Millennials.
- We are nearly equally split between those who joined us < 7 months, 7-12 months, and over a year.
We are also uniquely accomplished in our careers before Dewpoint and in our work together. Collectively, our team members have brought 51 drugs to market and published almost a thousand paper. At Dewpoint, we have forged four important partnerships, including three with major pharmaceutical companies. We have raised $147M in venture financing and are making significant investments in our people, science, and platform.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Scientist / Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry, as elemental part of our internal chemistry & drug discovery group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (c-mods). Through small molecule screening in a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays, our goal is to understand condensate biology and ultimately discover drugs that modify the composition, behavior, and functions of those condensates and thereby discover new medicines for the toughest diseases.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Be part of a cross-functional project team and responsible for the successful delivery of lead molecules and new clinical candidates
- Analyze complex data sets to generate structure activity relationships and use that understanding for molecule optimization
- Design and synthesize biologically active, condensate modulating small molecule drugs and explore new chemical modalities
- Efficiently manage a medicinal chemistry laboratory with research associates
- Help build out the lab infrastructure and operations at our new chemistry site in Frankfurt
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise
- Discuss, present, and publish research results internally and externally at scientific conferences
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- 4+ of experience in applying synthetic organic chemistry / medicinal chemistry in an industry setting
- A comprehensive and state of the art knowledge in modern synthetic methodologies and medicinal chemistry
- A solid understanding of the drug discovery process including related scientific disciplines mandatory for driving successfully medicinal chemistry projects (biology, ADME, formulation, drug safety, IP)
- A scientific track record as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, patents, and presentations
- The ability to think creatively and strategically to enthuse not only the chemistry group, but also related groups with innovative ideas
- The ability to coordinate and drive operational processes such as setting up a laboratory or establishing new initiatives, etc.
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in working across multiple target types across multiple disease indications
- Experience in new chemical modalities (peptides, PROTACs, etc.)
- Experience in driving successfully medicinal chemistry efforts ideally as project leader or in similar roles
Please be sure to include a customized cover letter and current resume. Since we work hard to establish a personal connection with qualified candidates, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted personally.
We assure that all correspondence will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Thank you for your interest in Dewpoint. We look forward to hearing from candidates who can join us and contribute their vision, strategies, and insights to our growing organization.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.