Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to work in the laboratory to develop and execute robust disease-relevant cellular assays to support lead discovery and optimization. You will have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry with experience in optimizing and validating robotic-based assays for high-throughput screening using biochemical, protein-protein interaction, indicator gene, gene expression, and high content assay readouts. Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation and biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies is preferred. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate broad cell-based and biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others
- Develop, validate, and implement innovative and robust assays applicable to drive Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) and characterization of hits
- Generate written SOPs, data reports, and routinely present findings to project team members
- Work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and disease biology teams to ensure that assays and experiments are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Independently interact with project teams as a core team member representing the in vitro pharmacology group to design detailed plans to enable lead identification, optimization, and characterization
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous process to enhance functional capability and productivity
- Possibly lead a team of 1 to 2 Research Associates
- Provide mentorship and guidance as a team player while excelling as an independent, valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast-paced environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- Ph.D. in chemical biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field or a B.S/M.S with > 5 years’ experience in bioassay/in vitro pharmacology
- Hands-on experience in development and optimization of a wide range of cellular assays such as indicator gene (luciferase, GFP, SEAP etc), HTRF, AlphaLISA, MSD, qPCR, and high content assay readout
- Basic understanding of automation and liquid handling systems
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Spotfire, GraphPad, Microsoft office for data analysis & figure generation
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple objectives at the same time
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull down assays, western blots, fluorescent microscopy and flow cytometry
- Proficiency in developing and implement potency, selectivity, and mechanistic assays to drive lead discovery and optimization
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting laboratory robotics such as LabCyte, Hamilton,Beckman, Agilent liquid handlers
- Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation
- Skills in culturing and handling complex model systems such as iPSC-derived motor neurons and cardiomyocytes, 3D culture such as organoids
- Knowledge/experience in bioinformatics and programming for analysis of omics data or development of tools to improve data analysis
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DoE) to accelerate assay optimization
- Previous experience leading a team
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.Apply