No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a versatile and innovative cell biologist to work in the laboratory and drive our condensate exploration, validation, and drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate is interested in leading the most creative process of our drug discovery efforts. You will be attracted to high-risk high-gain experiments using the most innovative approaches and technology. You will be generating novel disease hypothesis and validation for our drug discovery efforts. You will have a strong scientific background in cell and molecular biology. This position requires a strong expertise in assays with several cellular systems, including immortalized and iPSC-derived cells.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate biomolecular condensates mechanism-based disease hypotheses in cell-based assays for implementation in drug discovery efforts in several disease areas
- Perform constant literature survey to generate and validate novel disease hypotheses
- Implement work plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate
- Lead one or more aspects of scientific subject area within the team
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings, and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire other team members at all levels
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field with 5+ years of relative experience
- Ability to independently design and execute various cell-based assays in immortalized and iPSC-derived cells
- Hands on experience in culturing and differentiating iPSC to other cell types and performing and analyzing fluorescence imaging-based experiments
- Experience in diverse molecular biology techniques such as CRISPR, RT-PCR, siRNA, viral vectors
- A strong publication record
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience of working with biomolecular condensates or protein aggregation diseases
- Experience working with primary cells and fixed or frozen animal tissues
- Experience in drug discovery efforts
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.