No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an innovative cardiovascular Scientist/Sr. Scientist to work in the laboratory and drive our condensate-focused drug discovery efforts. You will have a strong scientific background in cardiovascular biology, cell and molecular biology, and experience in optimizing and validating assay for cardiovascular drug discovery efforts. This position requires a strong cardiovascular physiology background. Experience in performing target validation and cellular mechanism of action studies is preferred. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate cell-based assays for implementation in cardiovascular research and drug discovery efforts
- Implement work plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate
- Lead one or more aspects of scientific subject area within the team
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire other team members at all levels
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in cardiovascular biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field or a BS/MS with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in independently designing and executing various cell-based assays
- Strong expertise in working with different cell types, including iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes and primary cells
- Hands on experience in calcium flux measurements and analyzing electrophysiology data
- Experience in diverse molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, CRISPR, siRNA, viral vectors
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Understanding of diverse rodent and in vitro models of cardiomyocyte health, heart failure, genetic, surgical, or pharmacological modulation
- Confocal microscopy and image processing experience
- Experience in computational analysis of biological data (i.e. NGS or proteomics)
- Experience in driving target identification and validation to enable drug discovery efforts
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.