Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for innovative scientists with expertise in cellular and biochemical models of biomolecular condensates. You will develop novel disease hypotheses using the physical and chemical principles of biomolecular condensates in cellular models.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop novel disease hypotheses using the physical and chemical principles of biomolecular condensates
- Spearhead assays leading to transformative therapeutics that affect patients' lives
- Create publications and present results at conferences
- Interact with top experts in pharma and condensate biology through our scientific advisory board
- Be part of an exceptional diverse and international team working with top experts to discover novel therapeutics
To do this you will need…
- A Ph.D in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- Experience with biophysical, biochemical, and cellular characterization of liquid-liquid phase separation and bimolecular condensates resulting in a first author publication or submitted manuscript
- Strong analytical skills (review, identify, and analyze relevant literature)
- Experience in basic molecular and cell biology techniques and fluorescent confocal microscopy
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- siRNA, CRISPR, RT-PCR, pull down assays experience
- Protein purification and in vitro reconstitution of condensates experience
- Biochemical and cellular assay development experience
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply