Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist or Senior Research Associate with experience in RSV and/or EBV to join our Virology team. The focus of our drug discovery effort is to use the novel condensate biology platform to develop therapeutics for viral diseases. You will be responsible for helping to develop and execute cellular and biochemical condensate assays to screen for small molecule modulators of RSV and EBV biology. Experience in molecular virology and cellular models of infection of RSV and/or EBV (or related viruses) is required. Pharmaceutical drug discovery experience in developing phenotypic cell based and enzymatic assays to support discovery programs is highly desired.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Work with the project team to develop condensate biology-based biochemical and cellular assays for HTS assays to identify condensate-modulating small molecules that inhibit viral replication
- Be active, accurate, and hands on in the lab and able to work well independently
- Communicate findings to the broader team and present at company meetings
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with 0-2 years’ postdoctoral experience; hands-on experience with RSV/EBV (or related viruses) molecular assays and infectious virus assay systems is required; industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company is highly desired (Scientist level)
- A BS or MS in virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline with 3+ years’ working experience; hands-on experience in virological, biochemical, or cell-based assay development (e.g., high content imaging assays) is required; industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company is highly desired (Sr. RA level)
- Knowledge of assay best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization and QC statistics like Z’, protocol creation and assay validation
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- A strong publication record
- Experience with viral systems such as other respiratory viruses, herpesviruses, HBV, and HIV
- Experience in building and maintaining a BL2+ virology laboratory
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.