No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a motivated and curious screening and automation Research Associate or Sr. Research Associate who is looking to learn and gain knowledge from the leaders in Condensate biology to help us complete automated high content/high throughput assays for multiple disease areas. The successful candidate will become highly skilled in cell-based assay development, assay and instrument validation, and working with automation and robotics to complete high throughput screens.
At Dewpoint, we foster a culture of continuous learning. Mentorship is available not only from direct supervision but also from any members of our exceptional international team that you would like to learn from. This role is an in-person role, on-site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Collaborate directly with disease area and technology experts to discover and characterize small molecules that treat condensate-driven diseases
- Develop and execute automated in vitro screening assays using state-of-the-art robotic and high-content imaging equipment
- Become an expert at programming, validating, and troubleshooting automated laboratory instrumentation such as liquid handlers, plate readers, and cell-based imaging systems
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
- Be encouraged to build breadth and depth in your lab capabilities and practical command of drug discovery science
To do that you will need…
- A B.S. or higher degree in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or a related subject
- Enthusiasm for learning and advancing your own professional development
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have one or more of the following…
- Experience in high throughput screening and/or high-content cellular assays and experience in analyzing high throughput and/or cellular imaging data
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting laboratory robotics such as HighRes robotics, Retisoft robotics, or liquid handlers from Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent, or Tecan
- Working knowledge of the basics of cellular assays and drug discovery
- Working knowledge of desktop data processing and visualization software such as GraphPad Prism or Spotfire
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.