No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, experienced, and independent research associate or senior research associate to join the drug discovery efforts in our rare disease therapeutic area (level will depend on experience). You will contribute to a team developing and executing cellular assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates and to discover novel therapeutics.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop new cell lines and characterize disease condensates using high content imaging technology
- Develop assays to support high throughput screening of novel small molecules for disease treatment
- Maintain patient fibroblasts and iPSCs for disease phenotype characterization and compound testing
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start-up environment
To do that you will need…
- B.S./M.S in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working with standard molecular and cell-techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Cell culture experience, including the growth and maintenance of primary fibroblasts and/or iPSCs
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience working as part of a scientific team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have..
- Experience with immunofluorescence and/or fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) and high content imaging
- Experience with automation tools such as liquid handlers and high-content imaging
- Experience with quantitative analysis of microscopy images
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.