No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and experienced Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to contribute to protein production efforts. You will be responsible for developing expression, purification, and quality control assays for our discovery programs. This will also involve biochemical characterization of proteins and in vitro reconstituted condensates. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this position you will..
- produce recombinant proteins
- characterize proteins using structural, biochemical and biophysical techniques
- conduct in vitro assays to support our drug discovery programs
To do this you will need…
- B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, biotechnology or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience with protein purification, biochemistry, and/or protein analytical methods (level will depend on experience)
- Experience with protein production in mammalian or insect cells
- Experience with liquid chromatography methods (i.e., affinity, IEX, SEC, HPLC, etc.) and platforms (i.e., AKTA), dynamic light scattering, fluorescence spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It's nice, but not essential, that you also have…
- Industry experience with protein production in mammalian or insect cells
- Experience with purification and characterization of intrinsically disordered proteins and multidomain proteins
- Experience with biomolecular condensates