Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a research associate (RA) to join our project team to advance our efforts in conducting novel cell-based assays and compound screens leading to the discovery of much needed therapeutics.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site at Dresden's BioInnovation Center (BIOZ) in Johannstadt. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays that dissect disease pathways to establish a new drug discovery platform for a certain disease
- Generate new marker cell lines for primary or secondary screens using a variety of transfection methods
- Use automation to establish and validate our findings
- Work closely with scientists being part of a motivated and energetic new project group
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do this you will need…
- An MTA, BTA, CTA, B.S. or Master in cell biology, biotechnology or a related subject. (Candidates with a PhD or in the process of obtaining a PhD will be not considered for this position)
- 3-5 years of experience working with a wide range of cell-based assays in multiple plate formats as well as molecular biological techniques (transfections, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA)
- To enjoy working with cells, optimizing culture and selection conditions, using automation and high-resolution imaging
- Proven ability to establish and to execute detailed protocols including troubleshooting as well as writing SOPs
- The capacity to work independently and to perform standard lab operations
- To be highly organized and a team player
- High motivation to learn and apply new techniques and to use new devices, strong attention to detail, and the capability to balance multiple objectives
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques such as CRISPR, siRNA, Lentivirus, co-culture systems, organoid culture, human iPS cell culture
- Experience in compound handling
- Experience in using automation to handle 96, 384 and 1536 well plates and/ or high-content screening microscopes
- Industry experience
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.