Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, experienced, and independent Research Associate to develop novel biochemical and cellular biophysical assays. Particularly, you will be responsible for the implementation, optimization, and conducting of high-throughput (HT) assays to screen for the interactions of small molecules with biomolecular condensates, in reconstituted as well as cellular systems.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive start-up culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This offer is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop and conduct novel in vitro and cellular condensate assays by using cutting-edge imaging technologies and advanced analytical tools like MS, DLS, and MST
- Screen for new chemical matter to modulate condensate properties in a highly controlled manner
- Work closely in a cross-functional team, with enough room for independent research in uncharted territories
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do this you will need…
- MTA, CTA, BTA, B.S., M.S. or Diploma, in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or a related subject
- 3-5 years of experience with assay development for compound screening
- 3-5 years of experience in cell biology e.g. transfections, fluorescence labeling, imaging
- Experience with data analysis such as plotting and fitting
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with assay development of intrinsically disordered proteins
- Handling of larger compound libraries
- Experience with Mass-Spec
- Experience with computational analysis of bigger data sets
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply