No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and experienced Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to help build Dewpoint’s novel technology platform. You will play a pivotal role in developing and executing cellular and biochemical assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates, and to discover novel condensates with critical roles in disease.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Perform affinity-capture, immunoprecipitation, and proximity labeling coupled to mass spectrometry to characterize condensate components in disease-relevant cell models
- Perform high-content imaging to characterize condensates in disease-relevant cell models
- Support lead optimization efforts by characterizing the effects of drugs on condensates
- Develop new cell models for the study of condensates
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or a related field
- Experience working with standard molecular and cell biology techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Protein biochemistry, IP/AP-MS, cell culture growth and maintenance experience
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with CLIP-seq, RNA-seq or other nucleic acid-mapping techniques
- Experience with immunofluorescence (IF) and/or fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)
- Experience with quantitative analysis of microscopy images
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no agency solicitation.