No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and experienced Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to help build Dewpoint’s novel technology platform. You will play a pivotal role in developing and executing cellular and biochemical assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates, and to discover novel condensates with critical roles in disease.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston’s Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Design and execute experiments for small molecule target identification/engagement of protein condensate components in disease-relevant cell models
- Design and execute experiments for understanding the mechanism of action of novel condensate-targeting small molecules
- Prepare samples from cells and tissues for multiple downstream analyses such as western blot and mass spectrometry
- Communicate results and ideas effectively with scientific rigor to team members from all scientific disciplines
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
- 0-3+ years of experience working with standard chemical biology or biochemistry techniques as well as mammalian cell culture skills
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with affinity-based pulldowns using techniques such as biorthogonal chemistry or immunoprecipitation (IP) for protein enrichment
- Experience with quantitative analysis of mass spectrometry-based proteomics data (SILAC, TMT, iTRAQ, etc.)
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.