Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, experienced, and independent Senior Research Associate to join the drug discovery efforts in our cardiovascular team. You will contribute to a team developing and executing cellular assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates and to discover novel therapeutics. Level will be determined by experience.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will..
- Develop new cell lines and characterize disease condensates using high content imaging technology
- Develop assays for transfer to high throughput screening
- Run pharmacological assays of novel small molecules for disease treatment
- Analyze, interpret, and report data in a clear manner to team members
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start-up environment
To do this you will need…
- MTA, BTA, CTA, or a Master’s in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or a related subject (Candidates with a PhD or in the process of acquiring a PhD will not be considered for this position)
- 3+ years of experience in cell culture and molecular biology
- Experience in generating cell lines using a variety of genetic manipulation methods
- Proven ability to perform standard lab operations independently and execute detailed protocols including troubleshooting as well as writing protocols
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and contribute to scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
If you have this it is nice but not necessary…
- Experience in working with iPSc-derived cardiomyocytes and/or primary cardiomyocytes
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, CRISPR, si-RNA, viral vectors, and transcription analysis
- Experience with automation tools such as liquid handlers and high-content imaging
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.