No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are seeking a Data Integration Engineer to further this vision and be a part of a new cutting-edge group to leverage human genetics, genomics, and computation to translate high throughput measurements in condensate biology to actionable knowledge about disease, patients, and therapeutics. This role will be part of the scientific computing team in R&D and provide scientists with up-to-date genome informatics and analytics tools and services. The Data Integration Engineer will leverage internal and external resources to create advanced application integration solutions and configure, deploy, and enhance enterprise cloud applications. The engineer will work closely with scientists and IT and serve as the interface of genomics and systems biology to define a vision and ensure an innovative approach to solving challenging scientific problems and meeting business needs.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Engage directly with scientists to participate in design and development of data integration/transformation solution according to functional requirements
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and unit testing of integration solutions
- Participate in the development of documentation, technical procedures, and user support guides
- Design, develop, document, and analyze overall architecture of a high-scale genomic sequencing facility, including fluidic systems; instrumentation; data center and management systems
- Determine integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs
- Anticipate and be up to date with new computing technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud Computing, open source, and vendor software
- Work with outside vendors to design and implement solutions
- Work closely with IT to maintain quality and scale of computer storage
- Coordinate design and integration of total system including subsystems & define site configuration & lab setup
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- BA in computer sciences or electrical engineering
- 5+ years industry experience with system/data integration, development, or implementation of enterprise and/or cloud software and life sciences and/or clinical research markets
- Familiarity in data integration/EAI technologies and modern scientific software development frameworks, tools, and environments
- Experience with advanced automation control systems and in data center deployment & management and familiarity with cloud deployments and data privacy desired
- Ability to execute at all phases of the product life cycle from product concept, design, development up to production
- Ability to work closely with Product Marketing team to define system requirements, plan activities and contribute to budget of allocated project scope
- Experience creating and applying technologies to solve compute intensive and data intensive problems in the following: genome informatics, medical informatics, distributed and high-performance computing, visualization
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail as well as strong analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis techniques
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL, MongoDB
- Experience with Linux, high performance computing and storage (e.g. SGE, LSF, PBS, Hadoop, Opengrid, Spark), cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), vendor platforms (e.g. DNANexus)
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment & work as a member of a team in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- MS/PhD in computer sciences or electrical engineering
- Experience working in a biotech and/or start-up company
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.