No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic individual to join our team as a Laboratory Operations Assistant, supporting the day-to-day operations of our research laboratories and lab personnel. The ideal candidate takes initiative, has excellent organizational and time management skills, easily balances multiple priorities, and enjoys working independently in the context of a larger team and mission. This role will report to the Associate Director, Facilities and Laboratory Operations.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will support and collaborate with our team and teams of scientists and managers by assisting them in their day-to-day operations of a fast-paced laboratory by:
- Streamlining processes and setting up and maintaining systems
- Assisting with implementation and administration of our purchasing system to facilitate all payable processes
- Tracking, processing, and maintaining electronic records of invoices, purchases, supply schedules, vendor information, Sales Tax Exemption Certificates for suppliers, etc.
- Continually driving internal processes and improvements to scale with the business
- Providing audit support for the Finance team as needed
- Ensuring a seamless supply chain
- Collaborating with and supporting our scientific team's purchasing and logistics needs to ensure a seamless supply chain
- Establishing vendor relationships and help with ordering, receiving, stocking and shipping of supplies, tools, chemicals and biologicals
- Managing supplier accounts, negotiating pricing, and generating purchase orders
- Supporting the safe operation of the lab
- Serving as a champion of Dewpoint’s safety policies and good work practices
- Managing the laboratory organization and waste management
- Supporting the management of capital equipment – including asset tagging, Fixed Asset schedule, useful life/retirement
- Working and contributing to our team
- Actively participating in operations meetings with the opportunity to share ideas and present your work
- Operating as a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
- Contributing to a productive, efficient, and fun environment at Dewpoint
- Becoming a valuable contributor to our fast paced startup environment
To perform in this role, you will need…
- An Associate’s degree in a biology-related field or a finance/business-related field with a keen interest in facilities & laboratory operations or the equivalent experience
- Experience in:
- Working in biological laboratories in an industrial or academic setting (ideally one or more years)
- Purchasing and working with a financial management group
- Collaborating in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience supporting the needs of others in a lab-based environment
- An interest in:
- Learning all aspects of biological laboratory operations
- Acquiring, tracking, and auditing the supplies and tools needed for a research biotech company
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Apply a customer-service philosophy and skills with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage strong emotional intelligence to communicate (in written and oral English, the shared language of our multicultural team) positive and sensitive issues in an open, direct, and constructive manner
- Work independently while operating in a collaborative team-centric environment
- Be self-motivated, take initiative with great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Communicating effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 tools
- Familiarity with Confluence, Prendio, and Egnyte software platforms
Work environment and physical requirements..
In this role, you will have a workspace in the lab and at a dedicated desk. Please note these features of the role:
- Working with contained, but potentially hazardous chemicals (e.g. formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc)
- Must wear safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment) according to OSHA regulations and company standards when in the laboratory
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 25 pounds
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.