No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an IT Solutions Specialist to provide support to the day to day needs of the company, lead major technical implementations & responsibilities in projects and of the various departments’ lab integration and digital platform needs. Day to day support may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. This role will also include a strong emphasis on onboarding and offboarding with extreme attention to detail. Technical implementation in projects may involve company-wide migrations, integrations, implementing cutting edge technology in accordance with our greater IT Strategy and business alignment goals, and complex lab automation and efficiency boosting technical workflows between our various systems. Leading technical responsibilities may involve pro-active discussion with various departments’ leaders to identify and remove obstacles and implementing solutions to remove them.
In this position, you will be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport District. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Identify emerging trends, incidents, and opportunities to improve technology within the company
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot software as requested by end users
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the IT Team via telephone, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues
- Onboard and offboard employees in a timely manner
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop or lab instrument level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
- Perform preventative maintenance to all staff and lab workstations to ensure continued efficient operation
- Develop knowledgebase and help articles to aid the company in common needs empowering self-help and independent resolution
- Lead the technical responsibilities in projects and complex technical implantation and integrations
- Research solutions to bring increased value and productivity to the company as well as solutions to remediate issues identified by IT or department leaders
- Trailblaze the path forward for our Digital Platform Team and Lab Departments by augmenting cutting edge technology to our infrastructure and systems enabling the company to achieve aggressive goals and initiatives
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including laptops, printers, WiFi, docking stations
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, Mac OS
- Extensive application support experience with Office 365, Zoom, AzureAD, and more
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- The ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues and strong documentation skills
- The ability to absorb and retain information quickly and present ideas in user-friendly language
- A highly self-motivated attitude and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- A degree or certifications in the field of computer science
- Prior experience in Life Science, Biotech, or similar
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and other Cloud Computing Platform
- Experience using, configuring, and troubleshooting with Meraki routing and switching hardware
- Knowledge of GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, and other compliance regulations
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.