No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced Intellectual Property Manager to work as a strategic liaison between the R&D team and patent attorneys in converting novel ideas and results into patent applications. Reporting to the Chief Strategy & Business Officer, you will coordinate all of the intellectual property related activities including development of intellectual property strategies, evaluation of the patentability of inventions, evaluation of in-license opportunities, ensure timely decisions are made before key filing dates, and facilitate the preparation, drafting, and filing of patent applications.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Work with the Strategy & Business team and patent attorneys to align patent strategy with overall corporate strategy
- Manage meetings on all intellectual property related topics to ensure timeline decisions are made regarding filings, new applications, in-licensing decisions, filing deadlines, etc.
- Develop process for intellectual property related competitive intelligence working in concert with patent attorneys, R&D, and Content & Community functions
- Work with geographically diverse Research & Development Team in the planning, preparation, and management of invention disclosures
- Work with patent attorneys in planning patent applications and in developing alternative embodiments to inventions to provide robust patent coverage
- Coordinate efforts to maintain current knowledge of competitive patent landscapes
- Provide research and support to patent attorneys on patent prosecution matters, licensing, and acquisition matters.
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Biology or related field
- 2+ years of R&D patent experience and intellectual property processes
- Basic understanding of patent laws
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to delivering work product to satisfying tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical detailed level as well as the ability to work independently
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills, and be a proactive and highly effective collaborator in a team-based matrix environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.