Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We seek a creative and experienced scientific leader to drive our target identification and interactome mapping efforts. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring, and fostering the output of a team of approximately five scientists, including PhDs. You will integrate data from multiple sources and derive actionable conclusions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to advance our discovery programs.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this position you will:
- Lead, motivate and mentor your direct scientific team a team as well as influence the larger Dewpoint organization
- Provide knowledge and direction to develop tools to interrogate biomolecular condensate composition and identify molecular targets and elucidate mechanisms of small molecules that modulate condensates
- Act as as a resource to others and be involved in creating and executing company policies and procedures that will effect the way Dewpoint approaches its scientific and organizational goals
To do this you will need:
- A Ph.D. in a chemical, biological, or affiliated scientific discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical discovery with 4+ years formal supervisory experience
- Experience in leading and mentoring others in experimental design and interpretation and formal management (mentoring, performance evaluation)
- Expertise in target identification or drug mechanism of action studies with 2+ years directly engaged in this field
- Extensive hands-on expertise in at least one of: applying noncovalent or covalent/photoaffinity probes to identify biological targets/elucidate small molecule drug mechanism, CETSA, APEX, or cross-linking MS methods
- Familiarity with phenotypic screening, MS proteomics, immunofluorescence and FISH – based subcellular imaging, intrinsically disordered proteins, and high-content assay approaches
- A history of progressive levels of responsibility in pharmaceutical discovery with supervisory experience and a background in dealing with Senior Management
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Proven ability to collaborate across disciplines with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential if you have:
- Broad pharmaceutical discovery experience including in vitro assay development, cell culture, biochemistry/ biophysics, and medicinal chemistry
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply