Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Director of Cardiology Research. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to develop the strategy and approach for our discovery program, from screening to preclinical proof of concept, and lead a small-molecule cardiology discovery program and team. A thorough knowledge of cardiology-relevant cellular and pharmacologic assays and models is essential. An approach that is both strategic and hands on is necessary to be successful in this role.
You will report to the SVP, Discovery Biology, and will work closely with cross-functional teams to direct the discovery efforts and oversee all aspects of the experimental work, data analysis, and developmental protocols. You must be fluent in the state of art in cardiology assays including biochemical and cell-based assay development; functional assays such as calcium flux, contractility, force and electrophysiology; immunohistochemistry; CRISPR/RNAi target and pathway ID; and RT- and qPCR to elucidate the mechanism of action in various models.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Lead, mentor, and encourage the Cardiology Research Team, a group of scientists and research associates supporting a portfolio of discovery projects
- Assist in developing a strategy and approach for the Cardiology research program
- Take a leadership role in our alliance with Bayer both internally and externally
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to drive drug discovery projects to clinical candidate
- Work closely with the New Targets Team and Condensate Genetics Platform to initiate new projects
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do this you will need…
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience with cardiology functional cellular assays and in vivo pharmacological
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership of a cardiology project discovery team in a pharmaceutical or biotech company setting
- Strategic and tactical ability to lead, innovate, and contribute at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring, influencing, and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with iPSC derived cardiomyocyte functional models. This is highly desired
- Experience with matrix reporting structures and multi-sited work environments
- Experience in compound formulation and tolerability and PK assessment to set the stage for designing, dosing, and analyzing samples from cardiology pharmacology experiments
- Experience in clinical candidate selection and writing study reports and Investigator Brochures for regulatory submissions
- Bioinformatics experience
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.