Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Director of Molecular and Cell Biology to build out and lead a team that will provide innovative solutions to facilitate a drug discovery effort focused on, and advancing the understanding of, phase transitions and condensates in biology. In addition to a demonstrated track record and passion for leading and growing a multifunctional research team, experience in creating cell lines using CRISPR and viral vectors is essential. We seek a creative and critical thinker with the experience to build a culture of innovation and a high functioning team and who has aspirations to develop products that will change the lives of people with serious diseases. You will lead the Cell and Molecular Biology Team at Dewpoint's Dresden, Germany site, and report to Sr. Director of Discovery Biology who is located at Boston site.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Work collaboratively and independently to design, plan, and execute prioritized strategies that support research activities, project goals, and platform development
- Build, motivate, and actively facilitate cross-team alignment and cooperation
- Advocate for innovation and application; learn and implement new experimental techniques and approaches that can answer critical scientific questions to inform go/no-go decisions
- Develop and manage relationships and collaborations with key internal stakeholders, academic advisors, and external contractors
- Serve as a key contributor to the initiation of new discoveries that will transform the field of condensate-based drug discovery; propose and implement new assay technologies, experiments, and processes that contribute to achieving research goals
To do that you will need…
- A PhD in cell and/or molecular biology or relevant field
- 5+ years of scientific leadership experience in biotech/pharma building and leading research teams working on multiple multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in making and characterizing knock-out/knock-in CRISPR cell lines
- Understanding of using viral vectors (lenti, adeno, adenoassociated virus, etc) to transduce and create primary cell lines
- Versatile experience leading multiple projects across various therapeutics areas and with projects ranging from basic science to clinical development
- A collaborative attitude, a demonstrated ability to delegate effectively, a strong work ethic, and a background in strengthening internal cross-platform capabilities
- High level of adaptability and responsiveness to technical and business opportunities and needs
- Comfort motivating a team, handling parallel tasks, identifying key areas of focus, and delivering within fast-paced deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate complex scientific concepts across functions
- Ability to collaborate and lead in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with target identification and target validation
- Experience with assay development
- Experience in managing direct reports that are not co-localized
- Experience in building a team from the ground up
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply