No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a passionate leader with the experience to lead a team that designs, implements, and runs assays for hit identification and lead optimization. The Director: Assay Development & Screening position is a key leadership role in the team responsible for assay development, High Throughput Screening, High Content Screening & H2L / LO support for the pipeline. The ideal candidate will be able to help evolve our hit identification and LO capabilities through embracing novel assay technologies, enhancing overall process and actively drive internal and external partnerships.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Lead and be responsible for assay design, high-throughput screening (HTS), High Content Screening (HCS) and program support for lead optimization
- Lead hands-on design & execution of HCS Assays on fully integrated platforms
- Partner on the design and build of cutting-edge automated platforms to execute complex workstreams in a highly efficient manner
- Execute mechanistic assays such as Determination of Ki, Kd, drug residence times, slow/irreversible binding, and mode of inhibition from catalytic and binding studies
- Build, coach, and mentor a high performing team while maintaining the highest scientific standards & ensuring timely delivery of results
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A PhD or B.Sc./M.Sc. in Biochemistry and/or Cell Biology with 15+ years’ experience
- At least 15 years’ experience in the field of High throughput screening with a track record of delivering complex assay development and high throughput screens.
- Extensive hands-on experience in biochemical and cellular assays (384 and 1536 plate format), associated assay technologies and instrumentation for drug discovery
- Comprehensive experience with high throughput data management, data flow, analysis, and visualization
- Excellent familiarity with robotic automation responsible for establishing, monitoring, and maintaining a stable and productive environment through Quality Control, preventative maintenance, and standard operating procedures
- Proven ability to lead teams, coach, and mentor scientists and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.