No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to further this vision and be a part of a new cutting-edge group to leverage human genetics, genomics, and computation to translate high content imaging data in condensate biology to actionable knowledge about disease, patients, and therapeutics. This role will be part of the scientific computing team in R&D, working closely with wet lab teams, our data engineering team, and our deep learning team to both directly support our drug development programs and build the tools that will provide deep insights directly to users.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Support scientists by designing and building image analysis workflows using a variety of tools such as CellProfiler /Harmony/Columbus, ImageJ/FIJI, ilastik
- Take ownership in the implementation of image analysis approaches under a fail-fast paradigm
- Analyze and generate visualizations from early drug discovery campaigns data across a variety of the company’s target programs
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to turn complex biological questions into concrete problems that can be solved with data
- Work with biologists, chemists, and fellow data scientists to perform exploratory and predictive analysis on a wide range of data sources including microscopy and genomics data
- Design and prototype tools that enable scientists to identify deep insights driving our scientific research and drug development pipeline
- Provide feedback on experiment design and lab protocols to ensure the right data is collected to enable solid analysis and deep insights
- Coordinate with the Data Engineering team to build robust and reliable prediction and analysis pipelines
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- MS/PhD in Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology or related quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience working with biological data in industry or an academic lab
- Experience in analyzing biomedical imaging data, e.g., fluorescence microscopy, in vivo imaging, live-cell imaging
- Experience with image analysis using tools such as CellProfiler /Harmony/Columbus, ImageJ/FIJI
- Experience developing exploratory analysis and predictive models using R or Python, as well as data visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Experience with high-content imaging and high-throughput screening is valuable but not required
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, troubleshoot assays, present and transfer data to research teams, and contact and interact with instrumentation service and application engineers as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, self-direction and willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.