No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist, Scientist, or Sr. Scientist – Data Analytics Translator to join Dewpoint’s Digital organization and support this vision by translating program needs into digital tasks. In this role, you will drive the adoption of analytics solutions (e.g., AI/ML) to enhance decision making, manage complexity, and ensure the successful implementation of data and analytics initiatives in support of Dewpoint’s Digital strategy. This position will report to the Digital Applications group leader and will work collaboratively with chemists, biologists, and screening specialists.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role (on-site presence and remote work), based at our Boston Seaport site. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Identify unmet needs in the Biology R&D programs and develop digital solutions
- Partner with capability experts in the Digital Organization to build innovative solutions for the analysis of cutting-edge condensate biology datasets
- Execute computational pipelines to pre-process high-throughput drug screening datasets by applying computational tools to analyze novel biological datasets for functional studies
- Serve as the interface between Dewpoint’s R&D program teams and the Digital team to translate program needs into projects and tasks
- Support data-driven value discovery and foster data and analytics driven culture
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to foster ideas, generate insights, and drive implementation for continuous improvement
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative biology or chemistry discipline (e.g., systems biology, physical chemistry, or biophysics)
- Level commensurate with experience
- Strong knowledge of biology and computational skills
- Experience with data wrangling and basic analysis (e.g., dose response curves)
- Ability to programmatically execute computational pipelines
- Experience with Python, R or Matlab, and familiarity with statistical approaches commonly applied to biological datasets
- Experience in the lab and computational processing of datasets from a variety of common functional biological assays, including qPCR, CTG, RNASeq, Proteomics, Metabolomics, and IF
- Direct experience with high-throughput screens (HTS) informatics, software engineering, and data analysis in a life sciences or drug discovery setting
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and a commitment to learning
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Ability to work autonomously while knowing when to escalate issues and engage additional stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and frameworks & collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with condensate biology, biophysics, biochemistry, or physical chemistry
- Experience with studying the dynamics of protein folding, including IDRs (intrinsically disordered regions)
- Wet lab experience
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.