No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics, the leader in condensate drug discovery and development, is seeking a creative, innovative, and inspiring Chief People Officer. As we consciously collaborate to reinvent how to discover and develop drugs, we are also reinventing how to discover and develop talent.
In collaboration with colleagues in leadership and throughout the organization, you will be a key architect of who we are, what we stand for, and how we communicate that, helping shape everything from our day-to-day interactions to the most strategic conversations and programs that drive growth of our people, teams, and organization.
Embedded in all we do is the desire to ensure that Dewpoint is the best experience of our team members’ careers. Join us and help develop and deliver programs that will help our team members:
- find meaning in their work and inspiration in our mission and leadership,
- feel seen, heard, and included, and
- bring their whole selves to work and, in the process, become their best selves
Dewpoint translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. With deep and diverse expertise in medicine, biology, AI, chemistry, physics, and more, we aim to discover life-changing therapeutics for patients who currently have few or no treatment options.
In 30 months, we have grown rapidly to over 100 colleagues and are truly global, with offices in Boston, Dresden, and Berlin and team members in five different countries.
We are also diverse in many ways. From our recent DEI survey, 84% of the company responded and we are proud of what our team members shared:
- Together we speak 14 languages and come from 18 birth countries.
- Half of us are introverts and half are extraverts.
- We’re nearly split evenly between being reserved and being assertive.
- Two thirds of us like to ponder before making decisions and a third of us prefer rapid decision-making.
- We represent the full spectrum of gender identities and sexual orientations.
- 25% of us are neurodiverse or differently physically abled.
- 70% of us are Millennials.
- We are nearly evenly split between those who joined us < 7 months, 7-12 months, and over a year.
We are also uniquely accomplished in our careers before Dewpoint and in our work together. Collectively, our team members have brought 51 drugs to market and published almost a thousand paper. At Dewpoint, we have forged four important partnerships, including three with major pharmaceutical companies. We have raised $147M in venture financing and are making significant investments in our people, science, and platform.
As our Chief People Officer, you will bring ideas, energy, and thought leadership to Dewpoint, where you will have the opportunity to establish a world-class employee experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Your focus will be on finding and developing talent, creating exciting career paths, and fostering an employee-engaged environment of high performance, innovation, and passion.
You will be responsible for the direction of our efforts in the People and Culture team; recruiting; diversity, equity & inclusion; learning & development; wellness; and various cultural initiatives. You will develop strategies and implement programs that inspire, motivate, and develop our employees, and you will be a major champion of our culture and values. You will also serve as an internal coach to our Executive Team.
Elements of the role
DEI is embedded in our DNA and, therefore, all of our People Principles, Processes, and Practices. You will be a key champion of DEI in our culture and outcomes and across employer branding, recruiting, selection, onboarding, mentoring, total wellness, total rewards, talent management, and learning and growth.
- Talent Development and Retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth. Redefine how we do “performance management” and “talent planning” to ensure transparency, fairness, and usefulness.
- Organizational Design: facilitate the development of a nimble organization for our growing company doing cutting-edge science.
- Talent Acquisition: in partnership with hiring managers, run our recruiting and talent acquisition activities, including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the globe, with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Cultural Championship: be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving our company goals; integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of our people activities.
- Advice and Accountability: be the trusted advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team, setting high standards for all managers and helping them achieve them.
Who you are & what you'll bring
Our CPO will be an experienced people and culture expert with significant hands-on experience across the full range of people and culture functions. Bonus points for having experience working in start-ups or for having taken a company public.
They will also be a:
- Self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company.
- Joyful collaborator who delights in sharing ideas and celebrating successes with diverse, brilliant, and diversely brilliant colleagues.
- Visionary project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results.
- Natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills who operate across multiple types of cultures.
- Highly ethical person with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and earnestness to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Data-driven decision-maker with the ability to advocate for investments in people and culture strategies from an ROI perspective.
- Curious learner with a growth mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- Significant hands-on experience across the full range of HR functions
- A track record of inspiring and leading teams
- A demonstrated strength in organizational change management
- Knowledge about legal/HR compliance and employment laws and regulations in the US and Europe
Please apply directly to the position on our Dewpoint Careers webpage.
Please be sure to include a customized cover letter, current resume, and salary expectations. Since we work hard to establish a personal connection with qualified candidates, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted personally.
We assure that all correspondence will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Thank you for your interest in Dewpoint.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who can join us and contribute their vision, strategies, and insights to our growing organization.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.