No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Why join the Dewpoint team?
At Dewpoint, we’re all about working alongside amazing people. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do & it’s that passion for the science & possibilities that drive us.
Created for and with students in mind, Dewpoint offers a thrilling and lively internship/co-op program designed to give you an amazing experience in the lab and office setting. Dewpoint offers competitive pay, perks, and social & professional networking opportunities for everyone. In this program, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for an Intern or Co-op to join the Cell Engineering team in support of cell banking and cell line development.
This role offers the following learning opportunities:
- Learn proper cell culture aseptic technique, method, and theory. You will leave Dewpoint “skilled in the art” of cell culture, with skills transferrable to any cell biology laboratory
- Exposure to industry best practices: mycoplasma testing, cell line annotation and serial passage tracking, cell line growth optimization strategies and cell line troubleshooting
- Hands on training of both small scale and large-scale cell culture techniques to support preparation of small-scale research cell banks and large-scale HTS (high throughput screening) cell banks
- Live Cell imaging with IncuCyte™ for cell line growth kinetics and cell bank quality testing
- Cell bank registration: training and use of Benchling™ registration and inventory system
- As skills develop, engage with our Cell Engineering team to support cell line engineering efforts
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
What do you need?
To do that you will need…
- 2 – 4 years college level biology studies
- Cell culture experience helpful but not required— we will train
- Familiar with basic laboratory equipment preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environments: multitaskers are welcomed!
- Be comfortable with small hand movements—there is a level of dexterity needed for aseptic handling of small, sterile tubes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Join us and get hands-on experience from the leaders in condensate drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.