Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Associate Director Chemistry, as elemental part of our internal chemistry & drug discovery group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (c-mods). Our goal is to understand condensate biology and ultimately discover drugs that modify the composition, behavior, and functions of those biomolecular condensates. While small molecule approaches are a key strategy, we also want to explore new chemical modalities, such as Protacs, peptides or oligonucleotides, as efficient modulators of condensate biology. Furthermore, we want to apply chemical biology techniques to characterize our condensate modulators. The ideal candidate has broad experience in working with new chemical modalities either as effective therapeutics or as chemical biology tools.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Build and lead our exploratory chemistry group in Frankfurt and be a member of the site management team
- Explore new chemical space as well as new chemical modalities, such as “degraders”, conjugates, peptides and oligonucleotides” as meaningful strategy to modulate biomolecular condensates and transform those into effective therapeutics
- Apply chemical biology tools and technologies to help understand the mode of action of our new condensate modulators
- Define, guide, and lead project-related chemistry strategies and overall strategies for highly innovative drug discovery projects
- Lead a team of internal and external scientists and implement best practices as well as foster collaborations within the company and with external partners from academia, the biotech industry, and CROs
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of scientific excellence, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise
- Represent and promote the company externally by publishing manuscripts and giving presentations
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, bioorganic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- 8+ years’ of experience successfully driving drug discovery efforts within project teams with deep experience in new chemical modalities such as degraders, conjugates, peptides, & oligonucleotides
- A strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles, especially with respect to new chemical modalities
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process including related scientific disciplines mandatory for the identification of a clinical candidate
- Experience in applying chemical biology tools towards mode of action studies, target identification, etc.
- Experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Strong record of publications and patents
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to enthuse not only the chemistry group, but also related groups with innovative ideas
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in working with CROs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.Apply