No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an Associate Director/Director to lead our oncology research. In this role, you will be responsible for developing assays using cell line models of cancer, patient derived cell lines, organoids, and other 3D models. You will lead various pharmacologic assays for preclinical proof of concept and will work closely with the Head of Oncology to support the oncology program discovery teams. An approach that is both strategic and hands on is necessary to be successful in this role.
Reporting to the Head of Cancer Biology, you will work with cross-functional teams to dissect the role of condensates in oncogenesis, including but not limited to transcription and cell signaling, and exploit this understanding to develop a new generation of anti-neoplastic drugs. You will be responsible for designing, executing, leading, and analyzing experiments to support the discovery efforts. You must be fluent in state of art in oncology studies in patient derived cell lines, 3D and organoid cultures, high content imaging, immunohistochemistry, and target deconvolution to elucidate the mechanism of action in various models of cancer proliferation and metastasis.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston’s Seaport district and requires 5%-10% of travel per year. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Support the Oncology Research Team with pharmacology assays for preclinical validations of research of the oncology discovery programs
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire team members at all levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to drive drug discovery projects to clinical candidate selection
- Lead small molecule drug discovery programs, serve as a collaborative leader partnering with colleagues throughout the organization
- Innovate novel assays, experimental approaches, and models, to prosecute drug discovery campaigns against novel targets
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience with oncologic functional cellular assays and in vivo pharmacological models with 5+ years in biotech or the pharmaceutical industry
- To be an expert in cancer cell biology, cell signaling, and transcription assay development and drug discovery
- Demonstrated ability to innovate novel cell biology solutions to drug discovery challenges
- Demonstrated success in leading small molecule oncology drug discovery program(s) from discovery through to clinical proof of concept
- Experience in the drug discovery process, from hit identification to candidate selection and drafting INDs
- Experience in biomarker identification/diagnostic development
- Experience in working with organoids and in designing and supervising cell-line-derived and patient-derived xenograft (PDX) and syngeneic rodent tumor models
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives, ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed and rapidly evolving organization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with multi-sited international work environments
- Bioinformatics experience, experience with high throughput genomics assays
- Experience with performing phenotypic high throughput screens and high content imaging
- RT-qPCR and other transcriptional read out assays
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.