No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced leader to build advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities at Dewpoint in order to accelerate biomolecular condensate drug discovery and create commercial opportunities. In this cutting edge and exciting role, you will collaborate with condensate biologists, medicinal chemists, automated screening teams and therapy area experts to build the AI methods needed to interpret the multivariate data sets of “cell biology 2.0” — the biomolecular condensate regulatory system inside cells.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop and implement an AI strategy to drive understanding of human disease biology through the lens of biomolecular condensates, where biology meets physics
- Work with Discovery and Translational Medicine teams to integrate and understand a wide variety of high dimensionality condensate-relevant data sets, including cellular imaging phenotypes, small molecule screening results, biophysical properties, cheminformatics, genomics, proteomics, clinical data, etc.
- Develop and apply AI algorithms to identify and validate targets, interpret condensate phenotypes, derive biomarkers and predict small molecule structure-activity relationships
- Supervise and mentor AI team members and demonstrate thought leadership and expertise in AI to scientific and business partners
- Communicate with the broader Dewpoint community on the strategic, operational, and commercial potential of AI, including specific internal applications across the organization
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- 10+ years of machine learning and AI experience in a scientific context, with a preferred background in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or clinical research
- Significant expertise in classical machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, NLP and other AI techniques
- Proficiency in relevant programming languages and cloud computing frameworks such as Python, R, TensorFlow, SQL, Spark, Kubernetes, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically at a detailed level
- Proven ability to manage teams on multiple projects with attention to delivering work products while satisfying tight deadlines
- To be a proactive and effective collaborator in a team-based matrix environment with strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.