Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic person to join our team as an Acquisition Specialist to support the day-to-day operations of our research laboratory. The successful candidate will have good organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, be able to balance multiple priorities, and feel comfortable working independently to support the needs of the scientists. This role will report to Dewpoint's Operations Manager and work closely with Finance.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Collaborate with and support our scientific team's purchasing and logistics needs to ensure a seamless supply chain
- Use your superior customer service skills to build rapport within the entire Dewpoint organizations and with outside accounts
- Track, process, and maintain electronic records of invoices, purchases, supply schedules, vendor information etc.
- Manage supplier accounts, negotiate pricing, and generate purchase orders
- Manage domestic and international shipping and receiving and Sales Tax Exemption Certificates for suppliers
- Maintain financial software system and assist with implementation and administration of purchasing system to facilitate all payable processes
- Support management of Capital Equipment – including asset tagging, Fixed Asset schedule, useful life/retirement
- Support onboarding of new employees with regard to equipment and access
- Continually drive internal processes and improvements to scale with the business
- Audit support as needed
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need..
- A B.S. in Finance, Business or related field or several years direct purchasing experience
- Interest and aptitude in acquiring, tracking, and auditing the supplies and tools needed for a research biotech company
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently, but within a collaborative team-centric environment
- To be able to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and to support a scientific organization
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with purchasing and working with a financial management group preferred but will train motivated person
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Apply