No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a part-time Accountant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for settling accounts and entering invoices into a NetSuite ERP system. You will report to the Managing Director while working closely with colleagues in Finance, Administration, and Operations in Germany and in the US.
In this position, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Settle accounts and pay bills via various digital interfaces and systems such as online banking
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions in NetSuite
- Verify and/or complete payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Facilitate other accounts payable processes including setting up new vendors, and reconciling accounts
- Maintain the general ledger and be responsible for clean audit trail of supporting documents for each transaction
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
- Interact with tax advisor and supplies
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
To do this you will need…
- Apprenticeship or degree in business management (Financial or Management Accounting or a related field)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a bookkeeping or accounting function
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
- Ability to communicate effectively in German with key external stakeholders and personnel
- Hands-on experience in Netsuite (by Oracle) or a similar ERP system
- MS-Office proficiency, particularly MS Excel
- Experience managing and meeting key deadlines & confidential matters and information
It is nice but not essential that you also have the following skills or qualities…
- Experience with DATEV (and its UO Unternehmen Online platform)
- Some familiarity with US-GAAP
- Experience in an international work environment
- Travel expense reporting
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.